Thursday, August 6, 2020

Open Heart Talk-3: Ben Mam

Straight from the heart of....

Ben Mam

Inclusion And ME! 

“Inclusion” is a word every Organization/Individual imbibe on. In my existence of 30 years on this beautiful planet, I have heard of people using this word but never implying in their actions. WALK the TALK was missing. Coming to EKA, as the core mission and value says “​INCLUSION​”, the organization works towards attaining it in every field. I am from North East India- Nagaland, we have 16 tribes and all the tribes speak different languages. Even among our tribe, we have different dialects according to villages. Hardly exposed to the outside world, born and raised in Nagaland, English language was something far foreign language to speak for me. My pronunciation of English coupled with my Ao Naga accent has been an issue in almost all of the places I have been to. I was mocked or misunderstood many times which eventually tarnished my self-esteem. In EKA neither the administrator nor any of the staff or parents gave an ounce of negative attitude towards me and accepted me the way I am. The inclusion and Me happened swiftly. I am endowed with heavenly blessings to be a part of this amazing family EKA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Mental Health Day- Sharmila Jois

 …..Where there is a way, there is always a struggle!! I wish somebody had told me when I was young that growing up was going to be filled w...