Thursday, August 6, 2020

Open Heart Talk-1: Jaishree Mam

Straight from heart of...

Jaishree mam.

When I thought of writing a blog, the first thing that came into my mind is painting and then my pet dog. My pet stands first in my priority, however I chose to write about painting because it's the most important thing that is keeping me sane during this lockdown.



















Painting has always travelled with me throughout my life and has kept me at peace during most of my difficult times. I started my first painting watching a drawing show telecasted in Doordarshan. The first painting I learnt was Mickey mouse and Aladdin genie. Post that, whenever someone asks me to draw, I would draw either one of them. 


My parents were too strict and I never had the privilege to join any drawing classes back then. The love that I had for painting made me to do my own research and practice. Slowly, I started drawing God pictures which were printed in the calendar. That was the greatest achievement I had as a kid. 




Those days, I never used to participate in any competition. My skills in drawing improved because of the botany and zoology record notes drawing requirements. Getting stars for those drawings increased my confidence and I could follow with my passion for drawing. 

As the saying goes, "Once learnt it can never be unlearnt". Thus painting traveled with me all through these years as an invisible partner helping me in my career.

 



The first official award that I got for painting was in "Kalaangana", an event held for special education kids. That day, I couldn't express my feelings in words and I behaved like a kid jumping up to the sky for receiving that award. I know it sounds silly but that was the first recognition that I got for my painting. So, it will remain special to me. 

 


Even though, I loved painting I never had the urge to learn painting in a proper way. But the need to improvise my skills began after I attended a painting workshop conducted by Bangalore drawing room. It was a three hours session and it was pure 'bliss'. I just forgot about the whole world for that entire afternoon. It's just me and the painting. That was an amazing feeling and the addiction is only deepening.

After that, every weekend I started attending different workshops and one such workshop is the doodle art workshop by Mamtha Singh which was a mind blowing one. She not only took a workshop on doodling but also mentally prepared me for the ups and downs that I might face if I chose painting as my career. Right before that workshop, I had a thought to learn all forms of painting and do something on my own. But, just after attending the workshop I realized if things are supposed to happen it will happen eventually.



I actually don't know why and how I started taking painting seriously and started learning more about the different art form in this field. But I always believe in destiny. If you are destined to do something you will !!



Painting makes everyday special for me. Each painting is like a new born baby to me. It tries to teach me how beautiful and simple life is and it keeps me alive.



I am a person who gets bored of things quicker. I always look out for new things everyday. But  painting is an endless ocean which makes me think the more I know is the less I have learnt. I am trying to find my pearl in this ocean. 



Painting keeps me happy, it keeps me calm, it gives a bliss feel. I just forget this whole world when I paint. That's a beautiful feel which I love to endure each and every day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Mental Health Day- Sharmila Jois

 …..Where there is a way, there is always a struggle!! I wish somebody had told me when I was young that growing up was going to be filled w...